Cashew Butter Freezer Cakes
Who doesn’t love cake – especially when it means you don’t have to bake them! These tasty, cold treats are easy to make and they’re even enjoyable on a hot day. They are high in heart healthy, plant-based fats from cashew butter, chia seeds and coconut. They also contain 6.5 grams of protein and 5.5 grams of fiber each, making them nutritionally balanced. Whether you enjoy them as a snack or dessert, these have the sweetness you’ve been craving!
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
|½ cup cashew butter||¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut||grind from 1 lemon|
|¾ cup dried fruit||3 tablespoons quinoa flakes or gluten-free quick oats|
|¼ cup fruit juice sweetened raspberry jam||1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
- Using a large bowl, measure out your fruit, coconut, chia and quinoa flakes. Mix together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine your cashew butter, raspberry jam, vanilla and lemon rind. Stir together.
- Bring both mixtures together into one bowl, stirring regularly to ensure there are no dry clumps.
- Using a spoon, measure out portions of the dough into muffin tins. Using the back of the spoon, press the mixture into the bottom – use your hands if you need too!
- Set the muffin tin in the freezer for up to 30 minutes to allow the batter to firm!
- Enjoy right away or store in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
Make It This Way
You can use any of your favorite dried fruits in this recipe, so why not try some super-food berries like golden berries, goji berries or aronia berries? Your body will love the extra antioxidants!
Try ThisEat one of these freezer cakes with your morning smoothie and you'll have lots of energy to keep you going all the way till lunchtime. Give them at least one minute out of the freezer and they'll be nice and chewy.