Summer Almond Berry Scones
Who knew something so fresh and so sweet could also be healthy! You’ll be happy to know that the blueberries give you a healthy dose of antioxidants helping to ward off damage from free radicals, which can contribute to aging or diseases like cancer. They’re also full of fiber and nutrients to keep your body active in every season, not just summer. Whether you enjoy them as part of your breakfast or pair them with your afternoon tea, they’re always delicious.
- Gluten Free
- Corn Free
|2 cups almond flour||pinch of salt||2 tablespoon almond milk|
|1 teaspoon baking powder||1 cup fresh blueberries|
|1/4 teaspoon ground stevia leaf||1 egg|
|1 tablespoon egg white||1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4 cup slivered almonds||pinch stevia|
Set your oven to 375F
- In a shallow bowl, combine all your topping ingredients together until well mixed. Set aside.
- Combine all of your dry ingredients into a large bowl, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your eggs and milk. Slowly pour mixture into your flour mixture, stirring constantly or kneading with your hands. Fold in your blueberries.
- Using your hands, take some dough and form into a scone shape, no more than ½ inch thick. Press in some topping onto your scone and place on a pre-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is gone.
- Bake your scones for 20 minutes, or until golden brown!
Make It This Way
Make these scones seasonal by using only the freshest berries available; blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries - they will all taste delicious!
For an added boost of protein, fiber and omega-3’s, try adding a few tablespoons of chia seeds to your scones.
Try ThisFor an added treat try spreading with your favourite nut butter or some homemade jam!